Thursday, August 7, 2008

HOW TO LIVE ON GOD’S VERY BEST

Wisdom beyond life’s lessons

Your commandments make me wiser than my enemies, for they are ever mine. 99Thinking about your teachings gives me better understanding than my teachers.
Psalm 119:98-99 (NASB, CEV)

1. SEEK GOD’S VERY BEST WISDOM

That night God appeared to Solomon and said to him, "Ask for whatever you want me to give you." 8Solomon answered God, 10Give me wisdom and knowledge, that I may lead this people, for who is able to govern this great people of yours?"
11God said to Solomon, "Since this is your heart's desire and you have not asked for wealth, riches or honor, nor for the death of your enemies, and since you have not asked for a long life but for wisdom and knowledge to govern my people over whom I have made you king, 12 therefore wisdom and knowledge will be given you. And I will also give you wealth, riches and honor, such as no king who was before you ever had and none after you will have."
2 Chronicles 1:7-8, 10-12 NIV)
Martha was distracted with all her preparations; and she came up to Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to do all the serving alone? Then tell her to help me." 41But the Lord answered and said to her, " Martha, Martha, you are worried and bothered about so many things; 42but only one thing is necessary, for Mary has chosen the good part, which shall not be taken away from her."
Luke 10:40-42 (NASB)

2. WE HAVE TWO TEACHERS: WISDOM AND CONSEQUENCES

67I used to wander off until you disciplined me; but now I closely follow your word. 71My suffering was good for me, for it taught me to pay attention to your decrees.
Psalm 119:67, 71 (NLT)

The Law of the LORD is perfect; it gives us new life. His teachings last forever, and they give wisdom to ordinary people.
Psalm 19:7 (CEV)

3. WE HAVE TWO PAINS: DISCIPLINE AND REGRET

God used your hurt feelings to make you turn back to him, and none of you were harmed. 10When God makes you feel sorry enough to turn to him and be saved, you don't have anything to feel bad about. But when this world makes you feel sorry, it can cause your death.
2 Corinthians 7:9-10 (CEV)

Don't even grumble, as some of them did and were killed by the destroying angel. 11These things happened to them as a warning to us. All this was written in the Scriptures to teach us who live in these last days.
1 Corinthians 10:10-11 (CEV)

For jealousy and selfishness are not God’s kind of wisdom. Such things are earthly, unspiritual, and demonic. 16For wherever there is jealousy and selfish ambition, there you will find disorder and evil of every kind.
17But the wisdom from above is first of all pure. It is also peace loving, gentle at all times, and willing to yield to others. It is full of mercy and good deeds. It shows no favoritism and is always sincere.
James 3:15-17 (NLT)

If you are willing, the Bible will give you wisdom beyond your years. It will save you from heartache beyond your imagination.

No comments: