Monday, February 16, 2009

HOW TO RENEW YOUR PASSION FOR JESUS

He is a God who is passionate about His relationship with you. Exodus 34:14 (NLT).

 

Jesus said, "'Love the Lord your God with all your passion and prayer and intelligence.' This is the most important, the first on any list. Matthew 22:37-40 (TM)

 

Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Colossians 3:23 (NLT)

 

Instead, fix your attention on God. You'll be changed from the inside out. Readily recognize what he wants from you, and quickly respond to it. Unlike the culture around you, always dragging you down to its level of immaturity, God brings the best out of you, develops well-formed maturity in you.

Romans 12:2 (TM)

 

Jesus once again addressed them: "I am the world's Light. No one who follows me stumbles around in the darkness. I provide plenty of light to live in."  John 8:12 (TM)

 

 

THE SEVEN PASSION KILLERS

 

1.  AN UNBALANCED SCHEDULE
It is senseless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, fearing you will starve to death; for God wants his loved ones to get their proper rest. Psalm 127:2 (TLB)

 

Faith that doesn’t show itself by good works is no faith at all—it is dead and useless. James 2:17 (TLB)

 

2.  AN UNUSED TALENT

God has given each of you a gift from his great variety of spiritual gifts. Use them well to serve one another. 1 Peter 4:10 (NLT)

 

 

Each of you has been blessed with one of God's many wonderful gifts to be used in the service of others. So use your gift well.  1 Peter 4:10 (CEV) 

 

3.  AN UNCONFESSED SIN

My guilt overwhelms me— it is a burden too heavy to bear.
 
5My wounds fester and stink because of my foolish sins.
Psalm 38:4-5 (NLT)

 

if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

1 John 1:9 (NLT)

 

4.  AN UNRESOLVED CONFLICT

Envy and jealousy will kill a stupid fool.  Job 5:2 (CEV)

 

"You are only hurting yourself with your anger." Job 18:4 (GN)

 

5.  AN UNSUPPORTED LIFESTYLE

Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.

Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 (NLT)

 

6. AN UNCLEAR PURPOSE

"I have labored to no purpose; I have spent my strength in vain and for nothing. Isaiah 4:6 (NIV)

 

7.  AN UNDERNOURISHED SPIRIT

I honor and love your commands.  I meditate on your decrees.

Psalm 119:48 (NLT)

 

I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you.  Psalm 119:11 (NLT)

No comments: