Tuesday, March 3, 2009

HOW TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FEAR

I tell you for certain that if you have faith in me, you will do the same things that I am doing. You will do even greater things, now that I am going back to the Father. John 14: 12 (CEV)

1. WHERE THERE IS FAITH IN JESUS THERE CANNOT BE FEAR
And God has given us his Spirit as proof that we live in him and he in us. 14Furthermore, we have seen with our own eyes and now testify that the Father sent his Son to be the Savior of the world. 15All who confess that Jesus is the Son of God have God living in them, and they live in God. 16We know how much God loves us, and we have put our trust in his love.
God is love, and all who live in love live in God, and God lives in them. 17And as we live in God, our love grows more perfect. So we will not be afraid on the day of judgment, but we can face him with confidence because we live like Jesus here in this world.
18Such love has no fear, because perfect love expels all fear. If we are afraid, it is for fear of punishment, and this shows that we have not fully experienced his perfect love.

1 John 4:13-18 (NLT)


You, LORD, are the light that keeps me safe. I am not afraid of anyone. You protect me, and I have no fears.
Psalm 27:1 (NLT)

2. JESUS PROMISES TO BE WITH YOU NOW AND FOREVERMORE
Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.”
Hebrews 13:5 (NLT) also Deuteronomy 31:6
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:20 (NLT)

3. GOD DOES NOT GIVE US THE SPIRIT OF FEAR. FEAR
COMES FROM SATAN
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.

2 Timothy 1:7 (NLT)


So I confessed my sins and told them all to you. I said, "I'll tell the LORD each one of my sins." Then you forgave me and took away my guilt. Psalm 32:5 (CEV)
All who do evil hate the light and refuse to go near it for fear their sins will be exposed. John 3:20 (NLT)


Satan's Method for using Fear:
He uses our past sins
He uses the possibilities of the future
He uses the potential of failure
He uses the certainty of criticism

4. RECOGNIZE THAT BECAUSE OF JESUS, YOU HAVE THE POWER TO TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR FEARS
I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 15:13 (NLT)
Let us be bold, then, and say, “The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can anyone do to me?” Hebrews 13:6 (GN)

No comments: