Tuesday, September 30, 2008

HOW TO BE A SERVANT FOR JESUS, OUR LIVING SAVIOR

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. 2Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Romans 12:1-2 (NLT)

1. JESUS HAS GIVEN ME SPECIAL GIFTS TO SERVE IN GOD’S KINGDOM

A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other.
1 Corinthians 12:7 (NLT)

In his grace, God has given us different gifts for doing certain things well. So if God has given you the ability to prophesy, speak out with as much faith as God has given you. 7If your gift is serving others, serve them well. If you are a teacher, teach well. 8If your gift is to encourage others, be encouraging. If it is giving, give generously. If God has given you leadership ability, take the responsibility seriously. And if you have a gift for showing kindness to others, do it gladly.
Romans 12:6-8 (NLT)

2. A FAITHFUL CHURCH ACCOMPLISHES MUCH WHEN EVERY MEMBER IS ACTIVELY INVOLVED IN MINISTRY

God put our bodies together in such a way that even the parts that seem the least important are valuable. 25He did this to make all parts of the body work together smoothly, with each part caring about the others. 26If one part of our body hurts, we hurt all over. If one part of our body is honored, the whole body will be happy.
1 Corinthians 12:24-26 (CEV)

3. WORK HARD AT USING YOUR SPECIAL GIFT TO ENLARGE GOD’S KINGDOM

Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically.
Romans 12:11(NLT)

A spiritual gift is given to each of us so we can help each other. 11It is the one and only Spirit who distributes all these gifts. He alone decides which gift each person should have.
1 Corinthians 12:7, 11 (NLT)

Every man and woman in Israel whose heart moved them freely to bring something for the work that God through Moses had commanded them to make, brought it, a voluntary offering for God.
Exodus 35:29 (TM)

And I have been a constant example of how you can help those in need by working hard. You should remember the words of the Lord Jesus: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
Acts 20:35 (NLT)

4. BEING A SERVANT INVOLVES DEVELOPING A CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH JESUS

Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. 20On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 21Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
JOHN 14:19-21 (NIV)

No comments: