Monday, August 31, 2009

MAINTAIN HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS SEVEN RULES TO SUCESS – Part 7

When Abigail saw David, she quickly got off her donkey and bowed down before David with her face to the ground. 24 She fell at his feet and said: "My lord, let the blame be on me alone. Please let your servant speak to you; hear what your servant has to say. 1 Samuel 23-24 (NIV)

1. MAINTAINING HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS REQUIRES HIGH MAINTENANCE, ACTON AND CAREFUL ATTENTION

Abigail wasted no time. She quickly gathered 200 loaves of bread, two wineskins full of wine, five sheep that had been slaughtered, nearly a bushel of roasted grain, 100 clusters of raisins, and 200 fig cakes. She packed them on donkeys 19 and said to her servants, “Go on ahead. I will follow you shortly.” …
23 When Abigail saw David, she quickly got off her donkey and bowed low before him. 24 She fell at his feet and said, “I accept all blame in this matter, my lord. 1 Samuel 25:18-19, 23, 24 (NLT)

32 David replied to Abigail, “Praise the LORD, the God of Israel, who has sent you to meet me today! 33 Thank God for your good sense! Bless you for keeping me from murder and from carrying out vengeance with my own hands. 35 Then David accepted her present and told her, “Return home in peace. I have heard what you said. We will not kill your husband.”
1 Samuel 25:32-33, 35 (NIV)

Jesus said, “Father, forgive them, for they don’t know what they are doing.” Luke 23:34 (NLT)

22 Then he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, they are forgiven. If you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven.” John 20:22-23 (NLT)

When I refused to confess my sin, my body wasted away, and I groaned all day long. 4 Day and night your hand of discipline was heavy on me. My strength evaporated like water in the summer heat. Psalm 32:3-4 (NLT)

Sin pays off with death. But God's gift is eternal life given by Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23 (CEV)

2. HEALTHY RELATIONSHIPS ALWAYS BEGIN WITH OURSELVES

A man who has friends must himself be friendly…
Proverbs 18:24 (NKJV)

YOU GO FIRST IN DOING GOOD

Please forgive my wrong. The LORD will certainly let your family have many kings, because you fight his battles. As long as you live, may you do nothing bad. 1 Samuel 25:28 (NCV)

Do not let evil defeat you, but defeat evil by doing good.
Romans 12:21 (NCV)

But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too. ” Mark 11:25 (NLT)

"In prayer there is a connection between what God does and what you do. You can't get forgiveness from God, for instance, without also forgiving others. If you refuse to do your part, you cut yourself off from God's part. Matthew 6:14-15 (TM)

JESUS LOVES YOU
Jesus said: “I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest.”
John 10:10 (CEV)

No comments: