Monday, August 31, 2009

STAND BY YOUR CONVICTIONS SEVEN RULES TO SUCESS – Part 6

Then his daughter, also named Herodias, came in and performed a dance that greatly pleased Herod and his guests. “Ask me for anything you like,” the king said to the girl, “and I will give it to you.” 23 He even vowed, “I will give you whatever you ask, up to half my kingdom!” 24 She went out and asked her mother, “What should I ask for?” Her mother told her, “Ask for the head of John the Baptist!” Mark 6:22-24 (NLT)

1. DON’T GIVE INTO BEING AN APPROVAL ADDICT

Fear of man will prove to be a snare, but whoever trusts in the LORD is kept safe. Proverbs 29:25 (NIV)

Saul replied, "When I saw that the men were scattering, and that you did not come at the set time, and that the Philistines were assembling at Micmash, 12 I thought, 'Now the Philistines will come down against me at Gilgal, and I have not sought the LORD's favor.' So I felt compelled to offer the burnt offering."
13 "You acted foolishly," Samuel said. "You have not kept the command the LORD your God gave you; if you had, he would have established your kingdom over Israel for all time. 14 But now your kingdom will not endure; the LORD has sought out a man after his own heart and appointed him leader of his people, because you have not kept the LORD's command."
1 Samuel 13:11-14 (NIV)

Many people did believe in him, however, including some of the Jewish leaders. But they wouldn’t admit it for fear that the Pharisees would expel them from the synagogue. 43 For they loved human praise more than the praise of God.
John 12:42 (NLT)

Five effects that the fear of rejection has on us:
1. We allow others to manipulate us.
2. We conform to peer pressure.
3. We don’t follow the truth
4. We prevent future relationships
5. We keep silent rather than share the gospel

Herodias had a grudge against John and wanted to kill him. But she could not do it 20because Herod was afraid of John and protected him. He knew that John was a good and holy man. Even though Herod was confused by what John said, [a] he was glad to listen to him. And he often did. Mark 19:20 (CEV)

2. PUT GOD IN FIRST PLACE, PUT YOURSELF & PEOPLE IN THEIR PROPER PLACE

1You, LORD, are the light that keeps me safe. I am not afraid of anyone. You protect me, and I have no fears.
Psalm 27:1 (CEV)

…For God has said, “I will never fail you. I will never abandon you.” Hebrews 13:5b (NLT)

15Do your best to win God's approval as a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed and who teaches only the true message. 2 Peter 2.15 (CEV)

I am not trying to please people. I want to please God. Do you think I am trying to please people? If I were doing that, I would not be a servant of Christ. Galatians 1:10 (CEV)

You may brag about yourself, but the only approval that counts is the Lord's approval.
2 Corinthians 10:18 (CEV)

JESUS LOVES YOU
Jesus said: “I came so that everyone would have life, and have it in its fullest.”
John 10:10 (CEV)

No comments: